National Tsing Hua University has a long and proud history. First established as the Tsing Hua Academy at Tsing Hua Garden in Beijing in 1911, the Academy was renamed as National Tsing Hua University in 1928 as its curricula expanded to that of a full-fledged university. In 1956, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) was reinstalled on its current campus in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) was reinstalled on its current campus in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Since its reinstallation, NTHU has developed from an institute focusing on Nuclear Science and Technology to that of a comprehensive research university offering degree programs ranging from baccalaureate to doctorate in science, technology, engineering, humanities and social sciences, as well as management. NTHU has been consistently ranked as one of the premier universities in Taiwan and is widely recognized as the best incubator for future leaders in industries as well as academics. Such stellar records are particularly exemplified by the outstanding achievements of our alumni, including two Nobel laureates in physics Drs. Cheng- Ning Yang and Tsung-Dao Lee, one Nobel laureate in chemistry Dr. Yuan-Tseh Lee and one Wolf Prize winner in mathematics Dr. Shiing-Shen Chern.